Friday, March 26, 2010

oh blog, how I have neglected thee...

wow, it has been awhile, but I feel like the last few months have been a whirl wind, and things are finally settling down again.

Not a whole lot to say, I am getting back into the swing of things, and just wanted to swing in and say I haven't forgotten about you dear sweet blog of mine, I was simply distracted by the finer things in life...boyfriend, kids, holidays, school, friends, and all sorts of goodies.

Hopefully I can get back to blogging on a regular basis, especially since I've had requests, mostly to monitor how I was doing on my weight loss.

Well here it goes...

I'd love to say I plateaued, but I didn't, but really it came down to bad choices. That's it. 1 chocolate chip cookie lead to many, which lead to some cake, which lead to oh well, screw it I love food, and was eating crap. I gained a few pounds, not much, but enough to be uncomfortable, enough that my clothes were uncomfortable, and for the first time on this journey I bought clothes to cater to the now, I bought a 14 instead of the 12...ugh! I also became a huge fan of hoodies, ya they are comfy and I will wear them, but I was beginning to wear them because I wanted to hide what little I'd gained back. bad, bad, bad!!! Then I read an article, I don't remember where, but it specifically said to wear your snug clothes, it will motivate you to fit them correctly...oh and that article is oh so right!

Now I am working hard, and back on track. Making better choices, writing in my food journal, and just in general making good choices, I vowed to not be a calorie counter in the begininning of my journey, but I'm finding it helpful in making better choices, and learning what I can eliminate from meals to make the better choices. I try to eat clean, but again, I love food, and there are a few things that I am just a big fan of. I am planning ahead for those times where I know my choices might not be the best, like tonight hanging with the bfff, I bought us a yummy snack, but I will say, it has been sitting in my fridge for a few days untouched, I didn't touch a lick of my kids Easter candy as I was preparing their baskets, and in general distracted myself from some nasty cravings.

As far as working out, I am going back to see Becky every other week, and will create workouts for myself on the other weeks, this will ease me into creating my routines, while keeping my motivation up.

Gonna talk to Becky and see if I can get a pinch and see where I am at so I can monitor as I move forward. I will defintely share my results with everyone.

Have a fantastic day!

Brandini~

2 comments:

  1. admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I have been in recovery for 7 years and I too have had a little over endulgence lately. Your blogg entry could be anyone of us. Brandi I think you are great and any extra encourament I am there for you., 20lbs.....
    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog's are always a great read ... probably cuz ya keep your faithfull readers waiting so long between entries! ;) keep 'em coming and keep up the good work! Xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete