Thursday, July 14, 2011

Controversy on surrogacy...who knew?

I decided to do a paper on surrogacy for school because my teacher introduced me to class as a surrogate, despite its controversy...what??? What controversy? I had no idea, until I began to search. It blew my mind, different legalities, moral and ethical, selling babies, treating children as commodities...it just kept going. Some states its legal, but not to pay your surrogate, some states its legal for man and wife, but not for a same sex couple, some its just illegal all together, and some it just depends on the type of surrogacy.

Just sayin' I had no idea. I really haven't faced any negativity, and for that I'm grateful.

What's up with the haters in our world today?

It so hard for me to imagine the animosity. I grew up in Willamina, we didn't really have diversity that I remember, either that or I was so oblivious to it. I just wonder how I can live so sheltered from society...move to Portland, and not think twice about it.

just random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment