Friday, September 25, 2009

My letter to Anytime Fitness...

When I first made the appointment to go to Anytime Fitness, I was terrified. I didn’t know what I was doing, the gym environment was intimidating, and well I felt I didn’t belong because I was overweight (Which is ridiculous). Honestly I was surprised I even went to the appointment, normal me would have no called no showed, and just went home and sat on the couch, but some how I made it in.

I met up with Angie, and she seemed to put me at ease right away, and I told her exactly how it was. I didn’t know what I was doing; I was intimidated by the ‘gym atmosphere’, and really didn’t know where to begin. She gave me a tour of the gym, went over pricing as well as personal training options available to me. Without hesitation I joined, and signed up for some personal training sessions.

When I first started going, I was overwhelmed. I didn’t really know how to use any of the equipment, and I didn’t know what to do. Justin came and showed me how to work the treadmill and overtime as my interest peaked, the trainers showed me how to use the rest of the equipment. I mostly would just walk on the treadmill. I figured that was better than nothing. Then I met Becky…and well that changed everything.

What a genius idea to have a trainer who has been there, done that. Someone who has faced a lot of the same struggles that I was about to face myself. She has truly been an inspiration to me. She is an everyday reminder that it CAN be done, and more importantly for me without pills, surgery, and fad diets. Becky has taught me a lot, and continues to with each session. I can now create a workout routine so if I can’t make it to the gym, I can workout in my living room, I am making better food choices, I still have a ways to go, but I’m learning, and most importantly I can run!!!

Since joining, I believe back in October of 2008 I have probably lost at least 53 pounds. Approximately 25lbs, 4% body fat and about 10inches of that has been in the last 13 weeks, as part of the Human Billboard Program. It’s absolutely incredible how I look and feel compared to when I first walked in there. My whole outlook on everything has changed and I will never go back to how I was before.

Big thanks to the staff at the gym Becky, Justin, Keith, Angie, and Annette. I don’t have much support at home, so to have you guys be so supportive and welcoming to me it’s incredible. Thank you!!!

Brandi Chinn

No comments:

Post a Comment