Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Probably stuff you already knew...just journalling.

Oh, wow, how far we have come...most everyone knows everything that has been going on, but I want to blog so I have more of a journal of it for myself.

December 24, 2010, I began subcut. injections, and estrogen.
Early January I began Progrestrone Shots.

Estrogen and Progrestrone are what your body naturally produces when you are pregnant. Progrestrone is the fun one, leads to mood swings, weight gain, excessive gas, bloating, exhaustion and nausea.

On January 27th, we implanted the two embryos. What an experience, it was crazy to watch this on the ultrasound, it looked like the dropped two little pearls into my uterus, with an extremely full and painful bladder, then they tipped me slightly upside down. Here is when my body went into shakes a little bit, this is real...this is happening, we just implanted two embryos, in a less than a week I could be pregnant. How crazy is that.

I came home from my appointment to some birthday/thank you flowers from the guys, and I did as doctor ordered, and planted myself on the couch and did nothing!

Waiting was really tough, but I seemed to get nauseous, tender breasts, and somewhat crampy, all signs of your period is coming...or early pregnancy. I'm so excited, everyone's hoping for twins, and as much as the c-sections scare me, I am too. What a blessing that would be for the guys. Really with how nauseous I felt, I felt like it better be twins!

About 4 days before my blood test appointment, Kim peaked my interested and asked if I cheated and bought a pregnancy test, and I hadn't because they said they could show false positive, so I never thought about it till she asked. Well, kinda peaked my interest, so I went and bought two tests. I have never used a defective test, yet somehow both of these tests were. The control line never appeared...WTH! Guess there is someone somewhere just telling me to be patient, and I was.

With or without the tests, I was convinced, there was no way I could possibly feel so miserable without being pregnant, or having the flu. :) Mike emailed me later that day, and told me not to stress about the test, that if it didn't work, we would find another donor, and get the ball rolling again.

So Monday rolls around...blood test #1, comes back positive, Wednesday blood test #2, came back positive, apparently my hCG levels tripled in that amount of time, so looks like maybe multiples.

Our ultrasound is scheduled, and the day comes, and IT SNOWS! What??? I'm so excited, I look outside and it looked well enough to venture out, so we opted to keep our appointment, and went in. Mike joined me for the ultrasound, both of us very ancy to see how many, and get a good healthy heartbeat. Which we did!!! Strong heartbeat, 6 weeks, 3 days, just one baby. It's sad to think the other didn't make it, but whats meant to be, will be. It looked like there was another sac, so maybe the other embryo tried, but didn't quite make it.

Good High five to the new daddy to be, hugs and just anxiously awaiting our next appointment to hear that amazing fetal heartbeat again!

March 21, 2011, is our first prenatal. I am 10 weeks, 3 days along, and should be able to pick up a heartbeat. I got to see Maggie Shaw again, Very exciting to get caught up, but its heartbeat time. I'm anxious, I think we all have some worries when it comes time for that. I found myself looking at the wall, and not able to look at anyone in the room, especially Mike when they couldn't find it. I was really scared of what could be, even though Maggie pre-warned us that there was a good chance we wouldn't be able to hear it. She told me though, that she would just do an ultrasound real quick, and I thank her for not letting Mike, Steven and I live in suspense for a whole week.

She put the ultrasound on, and that little bugger was just flipping and flopping all around, rolling and flailing its arms, what a wonderful sight, and such a great stress reliever.

So now I'm just waiting till my next appointment on April 25th, and in the meantime trying to eat healthy, or at all. I am so nauseous, and exhausted it is really hard to do anything. I am seeing my school work lag behind a bit, and my housework as well. It really just takes everything I have to do laundry. I could sleep all day if possible, and I do when I get the chance to. (Thanks Keith)

Anyways, most of this is things I've told you already, but like I said, its more of just a journal for my reference, something to look back on. To remind myself of this different experience that my family and I get to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment