Thursday, April 7, 2011

Feeling good...

Finally out of my 1st trimester, and starting to feel human again. It is really nice to feel good again, and be able to eat normally!

On that note, since I was able to move I decided to go move my body with Becky last week. That was quite the experience! It blew my mind that I use to work out like that, harder than that 3 times a week, sometimes twice a day, and it was 'easy'. Over time I worked myself from 260 lbs to 195 lbs, um yay! That was very exciting and something I was super proud of, what I wasn't so proud of was when I slowly started creeping back up and eventually made it to 230 again. Definitely not proud, it has been hard for me to see anyone that was there for my journey, especially Becky. I was so disappointed in myself for choices I had and was making. On top of being miserable because of the pregnancy, I have been miserable due to the weight gain, clothes not fitting, and just feeling gross again. I don't know how I ever lived complacently like this, it is not the life for me for sure!

So now, here I sit, 224 lbs, 12.5 weeks pregnant, and obviously weight loss is out of the question, but one thing isn't, and that is making healthy decisions, and choosing to move my body everyday. I can't go back to lifting weights and working out like I was (thank god, no burpees) but I can take my dog for a walk, go do cardio, and do some gentler workouts, yes Becky gentler! :)

Obviously, I will be gaining weight, but I am going to make the choice for that to be a healthy weight gain. Now that I'm pregnant, soda isn't an issue for me...however sweets are. eek, so will have to work on that some. I seem to crave fruits and veggies most of all, so I think I can use this to my advantage.

So, here's to a healthy fun pregnancy, and good choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment