Monday, February 27, 2012

Wedding Planning

So we were set, finally set on a date August 25th, no changing it this time. Surrogacy was done, I'll be finished with school, and it would give us some time to plan and save.

We started backwards, like we always do, and booked the honeymoon first. So NOW we have to get Married the 25th, cause we have to be in Hawaii on the 26th. Yay, I have 7 months to plan something I know nothing about except, white dress.

But, then life happened...and well the date had to change, so now May 26th. Yea that's right, I went from 7 months to 3 months.

No worries, I got this!

So first things, first! Find a venue, that is affordable, beautiful, and will work for both ceremony, and reception to which we found the Bell Tower Chapel:


I went to tour it on a snowy day, the power was out, the basement was flooding, but it was perfect!

So we secured that, now on to our invites/rsvp:



They were so much fun to make...with the exception to the $30 mistake I made by printing Garcia Wrong the first time. :) Even Better than making them, has been getting them back in the mail!

So what's next?

Dresses! This I had no intention of showing anyone, however Kim and Marissa were with me, and I could not hide my excitement for my dress, so they have seen it. As well as their dresses. I can't wait to share my wedding dress photos...but have to wait till after the wedding.

Here is my hanger for the dress shots





Since then we have priced out tuxes, secured a bartender, secured a photographer, priced linen rentals, designed our cake, priced hair/makeup work, florists, received my guest book that I had special ordered, and working on a couple DIY projects that I'm really excited to share. Schedule an engagement shot with our photographer...like I said, we do things backwards...regardless we get them done though!

So, right now it just seems like a waiting game.

*Note to anyone planning a wedding, DO NOT do it while you are unemployed. You will find your self in front of the internet with endless possibilities, and a lack of funding. It takes alot out of me to drag myself away from the girly wedding stuff that I thought I would never have anything to do with, and I LOVE it!

More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment